License & Terms for Jomres
Jomres is released under two licenses
I want you to use Jomres, and I don't want you to be limited by the type of license, therefore Jomres is released under both the GPL and MIT licenses.
Why the GPL license, which is famously restrictive?
To get maximum exposure, Jomres is listed on both the Joomla and WordPress extension directories. One of the conditions of being listed on those directories is that the software be released under the GPL license.
Why the MIT license?
The MIT license, normally used for libraries, is generally considered to be the most business friendly license, in this context. Many businesses do not allow use of GPL software as a part of their portfolios, but they do allow use of MIT licensed software. If you're using Jomres, you are free to choose which of these two licenses you want to be bound by.
Now the legal stuff
Jomres Core and it's plugins are free software; you can redistribute and/or modify them under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; Version 2 of the License, or the MIT license.
All existing copyrights must be prominently visible on all modified versions of this software.
This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License or the MIT License for more details.
Terms and Conditions
- The Jomres Core system is free to download and use, and is released under the GNU/GPL & MIT licenses. Choose the license that suits your particular needs.
- We can only support the Jomres Core system and/or plugins unmodified. If you have customised Jomres in any way then we will be unable to provide support until you have restored the system to it's unmodified state.
- Unlimited usage granted: Your license grants you the right to download plugins as often as desired.
- Modifications: You are authorised to make any necessary modification(s) to the product to fit your purposes. Redistribution of the original or any modified version must always be done in accordance with the GNU/GPL or MIT licenses. You must not change or remove any of the copyright information existing in the source code of the product.
- Unauthorised use: Although the number of downloads are not limited, Support licenses can not be shared. Sharing or other methods which allow for multiple, simultaneous downloads are strictly forbidden and may result in termination of your license.
- Updates: Jomres and it's plugins are designed for the latest version of the supported CMSs (Content Management Systems), but we can give no guarantee that the product will run with future versions of those CMSs.
- Ownership: You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of the product, modified or unmodified. The product is property of Vince Wooll. The product is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our juridical person be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use the product.
- Warranty: Vince Wooll does not warranty or guarantee these product in any manner. I cannot guarantee they will function with all 3rd party plugins/templates due to the nature of the medium, we can only test the software on default installations of any supported CMSs. If you combine Jomres with other modules/components/plugins/templates please understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that they work together.
- Support: Our support service is provided by us to aid in solving software conflicts and usability problems, and in supplying updates and patches for bugs and security holes in the application. Support is only available to users who have Support licenses.
Third Party Developers
If you are a developer who wants to create software for Jomres, go right ahead. You're free to use any of the existing Jomres plugins as a pattern/template for creating your own plugins.
If you want to sell your plugins for Jomres, you're free to do that too, under any license that suits your particular needs, however I do ask that you credit me, and Jomres.net, where possible and practical.
- Created on .