Installation of any of the Jomres Quickstart packages is straightforward enough, here we will give you a complete, step by step guide, however in summary you will
1. Go to your account and download the Wordpress Portal Quickstart file. You can find it under your licenses page, click on View License and available downloads are listed there.
2. Once you've downloaded the relevant zip file, unzip it locally and inside you will find three files, a .jpa file ( for example jomres-portal-quickstart.jpa ), kickstart.php, and a readme file.
3. Copy the .jpa file and kickstart.php to your web server. In this example you can see that I am installing onto localhost using WAMP. http://www.wampserver.com/en/
4. The next thing you need to do is create a database table for your site. Do not attempt to populate the table with any data, the Quickstart will do that for you. I will call my database wordpress_portal_installation_demo.
5. You are now ready to start the installation. Open your browser and point it at where you saved the Quickstart .jpa file and kickstart.php, so on Windows I saved the files to C:\wamp64\www\wordpress_portal_installation_demo and will need to start the installation by visiting http://localhost/wordpress_portal_installation_demo/kickstart.php
6. First you will see a popup, hit Esc or click the link to get taken to the next page.
7. You will not need to change anything on this page, so scroll to the bottom and click Start
8. The script will extract all of the system files, wait for it to finish then click the Run the Installer button.
9. This is the Pre-installation phase. You can safely ignore the orange warnings on this page, just click the Next button.
Sometimes this page will throw up warnings (yellow) or even errors (red). I have installed hundreds of Quickstarts for clients and every time these warnings have not affected the installation or use of the software so just ignore whatever warnings you may see here. I always do.
As of June 2016 several people have had problems extracting the Quickstart at the ANGIE -> Database stage. If you are running Mysql 5.6 make sure that the "Force UTF-8 collation on tables" option is checked. This resolved the issue for us, and we understand it to be a bug in mysql 5.6. We can't recreate it in 5.7
10. You will probably need to change the name of the database here to whatever you named your database in step 4. As this machine is not serving files to the internet I have left Mysql's username to Root, however if it's a "live" server then you will also need to supply your own database's username and password.
11. Click Next, this will start the database restoration process. Click Next Step when the button appears.
12. Change the Site name & Tagline.
In the "Super User settings" section you will need to set your email address and your "jomres" user's password. Once the site is setup we recommend that you create a completely new administrator user and delete the "jomres" user afterwards.
Kickstart now needs to check your database tables for hardcoded urls. Be warned that this page can sometimes be buggy, in that it doesn't appear to finish properly, however it does perform it's purpose. Don't make any changes to the settings, just click Next. You will see this page
In my experience it's best to wait a few minutes, go make a cup of tea, then close the tab.
13. You are almost ready to see your site in all it's glory. Click on the Visit your Site button.
14. You will need to log into your site at http://localhost/wordpress_portal_installation_demo/wp-admin/ with the username and password you set back in step 12.
15. In the Wordpress Control panel click on Jomres in the sidebar. Go to Components > Jomres > Settings > Site Configuration, first tab and enter your license key.
The Quickstarts take quite a while to build, so we can't update them to every version of Jomres, therefore your next step should be to make sure that your installation of Jomres and it's plugins are up-to-date.
In the sidebar click on Plugins, and where it says Jomres, if you can see the Update Now link, click it. Next you must visit the Jomres page in the sidebar, as this will trigger the rest of the update process. When it's completed you will be taken back to Jomres.
Go to the Jomres Plugin Manager and click on the big blue button to update the currently installed plugins.
Ok, that's it. You have now installed the Jomres Quickstart of your choice and you are ready to begin using it. Remember that all property configuration is done via the guest facing pages, not the "admin" area of your site, and in fact the first thing you should do is visit your site's public pages and start configuring properties. Because this is the Quickstart many ( not all, that would be overkill ) widgets are already installed so there's no need for you to do that.